My first try!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I can see how it can become an addiction!
The corking was really easy actually. I didn't even think about one of them kicking out. HMMMM, maybe a dishcloth under them would help. Like yall said, on to the next one!

Awesome looking wine as well as labels! Great job all the way around.
smiley20.gif

Kathy at Grapes of Kath Vineyard introduced me to second run muscadine. She racked to carboy then set those same grapes off again. It required more sugar the second time,and when I did it I reduced the batch size for the second run. She took first place with it at the Florida State Fair.

After 5 days in the primary the fruit was pulled and a second batch of wine started with the same grapes. I was surprised that it worked but with additional sugar it worked just fine. i began with 7 gal of must ,had about 5 after pulling the fruit sock then started another 5.5 gal using the same sock and more sugar it ended with about 4 gallons and had a similar flavor to the original batch. In the end it totalled 9 gallons of muscadine wine from 33#s of grapes.

In the second batch, was there any pure muscadine juice in it or was it just water and sugar when the sock was added? I am a little confused about that part. Sorry for my lack of understanding.

Thanks,

CC

The second time around I let fruit free float and strained thru window screen to the secondary. The flavor is in the undigested grape crush in my opinion.All the juice was claimed in the first batch.

Latest posts

Back