My first mistake!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neeshac

Reaction score
I stirred my yeast during rehydrating it. No vigorously, but enough I am afraid. Can I add more yeast or is the batch ruined now?

Neeshac said:
I stirred my yeast during rehydrating it. No vigorously, but enough I am afraid. Can I add more yeast or is the batch ruined now?

It may be fine, but if it makes you feel better, add another packet of yeast.

I always lightly stir my yeast while hydrating. Though I wouldn't recommend it, one would have to stir with a mixer/blender to seriously harm the yeast, so don't worry about it.

You should lightly stir all during during primary fermentation, anyway.

Since you now say fermentation has started, you are good to go.

You KILLED them...you murderer!!!

No, really, the yeast will be just fine getting a nice warm sugary bath. All is well.

Came by the house to grab some stuff for my side job to find the airlock bubbling right along! :) I can hardly wait to see what I end up with!

I wonder if anyone has a webcam on their primary so they can remotely check on the progress of their must?

Congrats on lift off!

saramc said:
I wonder if anyone has a webcam on their primary so they can remotely check on the progress of their must?

Congrats on lift off!

Now you got me thinking!

Now only there was a way to remotely "punch down" the cap....

Latest posts

Back