Muscadines coming into season here.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I've noticed at the local vineyard that the muscadines are starting to show. I think they harvest in the next month or two around here.
My question is it worth the extra work I would have to do to try and get some to make some grape wine from it? Can't say I've tasted any wine from mucadines.
I'm not even sure if they would sell any or not.

I may be biased (since I've enjoyed muscadines since childhood), but I think they can make a pretty good wine. A friend/neighbor has a small vineyard and each year he provides the grapes and I make the wine, then we have a get-together for the bottling and tasting. If you've never tried it, there is plenty of info here and on other winemaking sites -- go for it!

I hear Muscadine makes a wonderful wine. I am getting ready to make a red from Nobles and a white from Carlos varities. Just waiting for a call from the vineyard when ripe. See the thread Muscadine/Scuppernog recipes. In it Sacaliet comments and from what I understand he is the Mna when it comes to Muscadines.

Latest posts

Back