Mr 8000

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So let this be my 8000th post..

I have been a member of WMT for 6 years. In that time I have gotten to know you folks as both caring and respectful.

Where other sites seem to take every opportunity to belittle and put down others, this site has always welcomed the less experienced in the true spirit of helpfulness. The countless THOUSANDs of people that have benefitted from this site is staggering! The dedication to the beginner definitely shows. Just check out how long it takes a member to reply to a beginner's question.

This is the only site (to my knowledge) that connects winemaking with wine culture. This site celebrates the fact that wine plays a role in our hearts and minds as well. Having forums for "the enjoyment of life" spreads wine and winemaking across a much broader horizon. To put it another way, while other sites simply focus on winemaking as a heads down process, this site focuses on winemaking and the enjoyment of life.

I would also like to recognize the exceptional job of all of the moderators. They take the needed steps (and at times abuse) to keep this site as it is. Without them, this site would be a whole different story. Most importantly, there is @TXBREW. Over the years, I have made several suggestions to improve this site and he was always listening.

I surely hope that all of this does not seem too sappy. I just wanted to take the time to let you all know just how much I respect and admire each and every one of you.

May God bless and keep you all well within the palm of his hand.

johnT.

P.S. No, I am not drunk. I have not had anything to drink all day!

Feb 2010
Liked 3004 Times on 1816 Posts
Likes Given: 2180​

Last edited:
Mr. 3,000 and Mr. 8,000 both in the same week. You've been busy. Thanks for all you've done.

Congratulations and Amen!

I had been thinking of trying to make wine for years...it was just always in the back of my mind. I stumbled across this site and started reading (still reading). Got enough knowledge to feel some what comfortable about getting started, so I jumped in the pool. I am now making decent wines and they are getting better. I should say WE are making decent wines because you guys on this forum actually have more to do with that than I do! The collective knowledge here is like a cool spring in the middle of the desert, it gives life...at least to wine making!

My only regrets with respect to wine making and this site is that I wish I had discovered this hobby 50 years ago and this site when it first began. [When was that?]

Back