Mosti Mondiale MM Renaissance Amarone Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toivo

Junior
Reaction score
My first MM kit is the Renaissance Amarone which I started last night. I am wondering about a couple things in the directions. First I didn't put any oak in the primary figuring I will wait until I get it in the secondary and then add both packages. Should I do that or add one later when I bulk age it? Second when you get to the step where you add the yeast nutrient it says to rack to a carboy. I was thinking about waiting a couple days and then racking just incase we have heavy fermentation again.
If there are any other tips for these kits I am all ears.

Thanks
Chris

Chris, I recommend following the directions more closely. What was the form of the oak? Powder, shavings, cubes? I suspect it was either powder or shavings and that should go into the primary. Cubes or cylinders could be added later if you want more oak. I think they are probably recommending adding the yest nutrient into the carboy at first racking to ensure that fermentation is complete.

I've done several MMR kits. Add the oak packets in primary and add spiral in aging if you want more. It is reported in other posts that oak in primary has many advantages. The nutrient will kick up fermintation and help it finish. I generally follow MM instructions thru fermintation then adjust for my taste after that.
BTW if you like MMRs try the Roso d'Avola yummmmm.

My first MM kit is the Renaissance Amarone which I started last night. I am wondering about a couple things in the directions. First I didn't put any oak in the primary figuring I will wait until I get it in the secondary and then add both packages. Should I do that or add one later when I bulk age it? Second when you get to the step where you add the yeast nutrient it says to rack to a carboy. I was thinking about waiting a couple days and then racking just incase we have heavy fermentation again.
If there are any other tips for these kits I am all ears.

Thanks
Chris

First kit? Follow directions. :db

First kit? Follow directions. :db
This is my first Mosti kit. i have done 15 kits previously, but they were lower end WE and CC kits. Mosti's directions are a bit different from them so I was wondering if there are any tweaks for them. I have sen several for the WE kits.

I think the MM Ren. Amarone can handle a bit more alcohol content, so some have added 2 to 3 pounds of sugar before fermenting.

I would use the oak the way the instructions say. If you like lots of oak, you might want to add some more after clearing.

Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back