MLF

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are not sure mlf completed, you don't want to add potassium sorbate. It can lead to the nice smell of geraniums. You can and should add potassium metabisulfite. You may also want to add lysozyme to inhibit the MLB from firing back up.

Wow 50g is $35!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall someone posting that MLF does not produce a lot of CO2, so the danger of popping corks is minimal or negligible. Am I remembering correctly?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall someone posting that MLF does not produce a lot of CO2, so the danger of popping corks is minimal or negligible. Am I remembering correctly?

I’ve talked to some wine makers in my area and they are very blasé when doing MLF. What I’ve heard from them is “it will happen on its own don’t worry. If it’s in there for a few months it’s probably done.” They don’t even perform a chromatography test. Like I mentioned earlier, the wine is still in bulk and I will leave it there through the summer. Before bottling I will do a chromatography test.

I’ve talked to some wine makers in my area and they are very blasé when doing MLF. What I’ve heard from them is “it will happen on its own don’t worry. If it’s in there for a few months it’s probably done.”
Not everyone feels the need to conduct tests, and wine was made for thousands of years before modern tests were available. Different strokes for different folks

Latest posts

Back