Milwaukee MW102

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildvines

Reaction score
I just received the ph tester. If anyone has it please let me know any info on the device or tips.
When am I suppose to calibrate it? Each use or just every so often?

What is used to keep prob wet?

Any info please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

It's a pretty nice meter. Do not store your probe in distilled water. You can rinse with it, but never store it for any length of time. It will leach the ions out of your probe. You can use a storage solution which is just a near saturated solution of potassium chloride which is what I use. Or you can store it with pH 4.0 buffer solution. Just put a little in the little rubber cap.

If it has not been used for a week or so I will run it through a calibration. I have found it best to let it soak for a while (an hour?) in pH 4 buffer before I plan to calibrate and use it. If you store it in pH 4 buffer, obviously you wouldn't need to do that.

Others may have more tips. If you use it for titrating, go slow when the pH starts to rise above 5 or so. It's easy to overshoot the endpoint of 8.2. Give it time for the probe to catch up.

It's a pretty nice meter. Do not store your probe in distilled water. You can rinse with it, but never store it for any length of time. It will leach the ions out of your probe. You can use a storage solution which is just a near saturated solution of potassium chloride which is what I use. Or you can store it with pH 4.0 buffer solution. Just put a little in the little rubber cap.

If it has not been used for a week or so I will run it through a calibration. I have found it best to let it soak for a while (an hour?) in pH 4 buffer before I plan to calibrate and use it. If you store it in pH 4 buffer, obviously you wouldn't need to do that.

Others may have more tips. If you use it for titrating, go slow when the pH starts to rise above 5 or so. It's easy to overshoot the endpoint of 8.2. Give it time for the probe to catch up.

Ok thank for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back