Mighty vac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade, Check ebay, or harbor freight tools. I highly recommend only getting on with a guage on it, and never take a gallon jug over 15 or so, Im speaking from experience. Gallon jugs have a weak / thin bottom. I love mine and wouldn't bottle without it. I use it on the carboy to remove most of the gas, then at bottling, I suction down every bottle once filled, much easier this way. Well worth the investment if ya ask me.

Thanks jobe, I'll take a look for now but probably wont purchase 1 this year.

Dang, I have one of those. Too bad it has been used on the vehicles already. Guess it is time to head back down to Harbor Freight and pick another one up. Always looking for an excuse to visit Harbor Freight!I love having one of their storesdown the road and not having to wait.
smiley36.gif

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I'm sorry, but it isn't fair to introduce me to new toys! It's just not fair, I tell ya!

DArn...... I just bottle a limited addition Barbera that was awesome and I used it on each bottle. I only got 27 1/2 bottles though........... did a little tasting...........
smiley9.gif
I can't wait for this one to age a year or so, if it makes it that long...........

The next one I will be racking will be the Blackberry port that Waldo and I are working on. I tasted it too.........
smiley9.gif
and it was really hot tasting with little blackberry flavor. I strongly recommend that we sweeten back with some blackberry juice. While I was tasting, I added a little (didn't measure) Red grape juice and didn't care for it at all. I strongly recommend blackberry juice Waldo. Also tasted the scuppernong that just started fermenting and compaired it to the one I started last week. There is a lot to be said for the type of yeast one uses for their wines. The batch I started last week, I use 1118 and it's very hot with little or no scuppernong taste to it. I used that however because I ended up with a starting SG of 1.200 and I didn't think any other yeast would have started. In the newest batch, I used D-47, which is what Hippie used in his 04 batch.

Any way, I will be racking and stabilizing the blackberry next weekend, I'll do pictures then with the mighty Vac.Edited by: jobe05

Back