Microwave sparkolloid?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thig

Reaction score
I have a small microwave in my work basement but no hotplate. Sparkolloid says to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Can I do this in a microwave on low power setting and stir occasionally? Anyone ever tried this?

Thig said:
I have a small microwave in my work basement but no hotplate. Sparkolloid says to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Can I do this in a microwave on low power setting and stir occasionally? Anyone ever tried this?

I've never simmered sparkeloid... It clears my wine just fine without simmering. You're supposed to simmer it?

I've never simmered sparkeloid... It clears my wine just fine without simmering. You're supposed to simmer it?

Maybe there are different kinds but yes,mine is Hot Mix Sparkolloid and it says to simmer it. Microwave anyone?

i have microwaved the hot mix sparklleoid and it worked well. I set it on 30% power for 15 minutes stopping every 5 minutes or so to stir. I have not tired it on the stove because it just seemed like a pain and i would probably ruin one of my wife's expensive pots.

I have done it about 5 times using this method and it has worked very well. Most wines that i have done it to were pretty clear in just 24 hours. All were clear in 5 days.

Carl

i have microwaved the hot mix sparklleoid and it worked well. I set it on 30% power for 15 minutes stopping every 5 minutes or so to stir. I have not tired it on the stove because it just seemed like a pain and i would probably ruin one of my wife's expensive pots.

I have done it about 5 times using this method and it has worked very well. Most wines that i have done it to were pretty clear in just 24 hours. All were clear in 5 days.

Carl

Thanks Carl, that will sure beat running back upstairs to the stove.

I have often wondered if I could microwave it also. Thanks for sharing.

RR

I have often wondered if I could microwave it also. Thanks for sharing.

RR

Yes I think this will be much simpler, keep it on a lower power setting and stir often. I already have a small $60 microwave down there to heat up a little wine for backsweetening.

Yes I think this will be much simpler, keep it on a lower power setting and stir often. I already have a small $60 microwave down there to heat up a little wine for backsweetening.

I was considering buying a small hot plate for my wine room. Just never got around to it.

RR

We do it a little simpler, microwave on high in a large double sized coffee cup until it bubbles up to the top of the cup, take it our carefully and stir, repeat 2 more times, works great. I have heard of cold mix but never ever seen any shop that carries it. WVMJ

Latest posts

Back