WineXpert Mezza Luna Red - Taste Description

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
I opened a bottle of the Mezza Luna Red that I bottled a couple of weeks ago and was wondering what others have thought of the "tastes" of the wineat such a young age. I find it to have what I would call a smokey as in "campfire"taste. Could the oak be what is contributing to this flavour? Thought it was kind of an interesting note and checking to see ifany of you have noticed it also. I mainly make whites and kind of new to experiencing developing young reds.

Ramona

I made a Mezza Luna last year, didn't care much for the flavor after fermentation. I do not remember exactly what it tasted like, but after 6 months, it got a lot better.Much more body than any other 4 week kit I have done.One bottle that got misplaced, was 13 months at opening, It was very good. I have another kit aging, 7 months now, will not open one until October. It improved that much, in my opinion. Sorry I couldn't be of more help on the early tasting.
Dave

Thanks Dave,

I've put them away for aging....I need to pay attention to my own signature
smiley29.gif
. Ramona

Back