Mosti Mondiale Meglioli Sangiovese Toscano

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim M

Reaction score
Just started my Meglioli Sangiovese Toscano. The directions are little bit better (if not clearer) than those included with the All Juice and Master's Edition.

The original SG = 1.096

This kit comes with a whopping 120 grams of dark oak and 60 grams of light oak. That is 6.35 ounces for the metrically challenged. Didn't realize that the Italians oaked their wine that heavily!

Can't wait to get down to that SG of 1.040 so I can rack to secondary and add that oak!

Cheers - Jim

Let us know how this kit progresses. I've been trying different red kits but haven't found anything to my liking yet. I'm trying to tell myself I'm not spoiled on commercial wine.

Hold back some wine on that racking as the wine will be ery active at tht point.

wade said:
Hold back some wine on that racking as the wine will be ery active at tht point.

Wade -

Oh yeah, don't I know that! Lost quite a bit of an All Juice Shiraz because I didn't read the destructions about putting the oak in the carboy before racking. Can you say volcano!
smiley19.gif

Don't want to lose any of this Meglioli "gold".

Jim

One interesting thing in the instructions for the Meglioli is to put the lid on the fermentor tight with airlock after the first two days in primary.

Jim

Wade -

Every time I see this photo, I feel for you. I wonder if you drew the same comments from the wife that I did!!?

Jim

Jim, that is my wine making area down in the basement and she could care less. If that was in the kitchen then I would be
smiley11.gif
!

Latest posts

Back