Mosti Mondiale Masters Edition versus Megioli kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Norges Skaal!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with both of these? I'm generally impressed with the MM kits, and the 2 Megs I've made are progressing very nicely. But I don't know about the Master's Edition kits (and I can't find much about them either).

Great question Jim, I have wondered myself but just assumed you get what you pay for. I am not quoting anyone but the explanation below makes sense to me. Please understand that this information did not come directly from Mosti or a Mosti employee. And never believe everything you read on the interweb.

Mosti Meglioli-
All premium juice from the currant year's harvest. Mosti works closely with each vineyard on vine management, pruning, harvest time and so on. Since these are limited edition products there is no need to match a previous year's profile. Best available oak, skins and raisins are provided/available.

Masters Edition All Juice-
All juice from currant vintage is blended with left over premium juice from Meglioli production. Mosti has vineyard input to the extent of the juice used that is left over from Meglioli production. Minimal blending of other varietals is done. Grape packs and/or raisins in some kits and generally more oaking than the buckets.

All Juice Buckets-
Mosti does not have input over vine management or harvest conditions.
The juice is generally from the previous year's harvest. More blending with other varitials done to achieve constant profile constancy from year to year. Kind of like non-vintage Champagne. They usually have lighter oaking and void of grape packs or raisins. Paying attention to previous years vintage charts may aid in selection an All Juice Bucket.

There is no doubt in my mind that you can make good wine from all three products. I have recently tasted terrific wine from a Mosti All Juice bucket. I also believe that the wine I make from the Meglioli kits often turns out excellently.

Latest posts

Back