Making Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you been making wine?

• 1-5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-10 years

• more than ten year

• Never made wine

• Total voters
It will be a while before I can start the mead. Sorry. I was hoping earlier too.

Oh, you will get around to it, I have a very long list of wines I want to get around to making.

Uh, I could never do flower wines as well as you. I wanna do a pear, chardonnay style, for one.

I have a feeling you simply would not want to waste a carboy for mum wine. I can understand that, since your wines (muscadine in particular) are so fancy.

I would like to do pear. I can see it now, "A Partridge in a Pear Tree Wine" and have the Partridge family on the label. Wouldn't that be just groovy?

I did peach (btw, turning out to be quite good), and my new obsession is going to be....... MAYBE.... blueberry wine. I hope to go to a U-Pick place this spring. But that's a long ways away. I still have a little stevia (for 1 gallon of stevia wine).... I still have enough mums for a 5 gallon wine... And I think I also have marigolds in the deep freezer somewhere. Yikes, I have to get that out of there soon!

med, did you ever taste blueberry wine, I haven't but I would like to make some with wild blueberrys, and I might try some strawberry wine end of june is when we pick here, I was thinking of trying to put some banana's in the stawberry, any thoughts on that?

Do a search of the forum and you will find I posted it elsewhere. I don't want to abuse the forum for frivolous posts.

But no, I have never tasted blueberry. It is one I hope to do soon.

Yes, Martina, sounds quite groovy indeed. I will also be making blueberry wine sometime this year, so says a friend who has in-laws in Louisiana with blueberry bushes. He gets half my batches when he supplies the fruit such as wild blackberry and peach that he has both of.

Do you mash up the blueberries? I'm sorry, I have not looked it up yet in my book, but I imagine that you would have to do so.

Would you make it a heavier wine?

Yes, freeze for about a month, then thaw completely and mash. No, I would not use more than 3 pounds to a gallon (of finished wine desired)because of the acid.

Well, now I'm getting confused. Am I jesting that I'm jesting?
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back