WineXpert Luna Bianca

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you like dry or sweet whites? I think the Luna Bianca comes with a fair size F-pack. If you follow the instructions, it is to be added after fermentaion which adds sweetness that you have no control over.

I prefer dry whites so I added the F pack at the start. If I want a sweeter wine, I will add a sugar mixture to taste at the end.

here are 2 that I really enjoyed. cheers

Australian Traminer-Riesling - Wine expert selections
Australian Semillon - Sauvignon Blanc - RJS Cru Select

I was thinking about a medium to dry white wine. I made a Riesling a few months back. I like the quality of the RJ Spagnols kits.

Depending which RJS kits that you have made, you may be used to fermenting to dry in the primary, and immediately stabilizing after racking to the secondary on or about day 14. The instructions that come with Winexpert kits are different.

Some RJS kits have the winemaker rack to carboy around day 7, and then stabilize later (Day 18 or 28?). Winexpert instructions are different, especially re the handling of sediment/lees.

Read the instructions. If you have any specific questions, please ask them.

I'm looking to make a good white wine.
I haven't made a Luna Bianca. Supposedly a good full bodied white wine. According to the WE website "Sweetness: Off-Dry | Body: Full | Oak Intensity: Heavy". Can't see myself ever making this one. I prefer a good dry Gewurztraminer, perhaps a German or Alsatian one.

Steve

Last edited:
I've made the Luna Bianca twice now and really like it. I only add about 1/2 of the F-pac after it's fermented dry so it's not too sweet. You can always add more if you like it sweeter. It's a really nice wine though and everyone seems to enjoy it.

They make Luna Bianca regularly at my LHBS. They describe it as off-dry but I find it sweeter than that. I've made Winexpert kits and like them, but overall favor RJS. I suggest you consider their Argentinean Trio.

TonyP I've done some research on the Argentian Trio Sound like an interesting wine. Do you know who sells it? Thanks

TonyP I've done some research on the Argentian Trio Sound like an interesting wine. Do you know who sells it? Thanks

That kit is made by RJS. Check out the sponsors of this site. I'm sure they carry it. I started this one almost 3 moths ago and it is bulk aging currently so I dont have an opinion for you yet. I sure it will be good.

cheers

Latest posts

Back