WineXpert Ltd German Traminer Spatiliese

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB750

Reaction score
My wine store called yesterday and my Limited Edition German Traminer Spatlese is in. Has anyone started this kit yet?? Does it come with Elderflowers?

CB, I notice nothing has been added to this thread. How is yours progressing? We started our kit on 4/29 with an SG of 1.082. It was put into secondary on 5/3 at an SG of 1.000. I noticed this past Thursday morning that fermentation had all but ceased, but we had to head to Pittsburgh for the weekend. It looks like we will probably proceed to clearing, stabilizing, etc. on Tuesday. This will be going from a 6 gallon BB to a glass, so I had better pick up a bottle of Spatlese to top off.

I have completed this wine and it is already bottled. It is already very good and shows lots of promise! Right now, less than 1 month after bottling, it has slight Gewurz nose, a pronounced hint of apricot and lime or lemon peel on the palate. It is early and is a bit unbalanced but I think it will come around in the suggested 3-6 month time-frame. I have been considering getting another while my LHBS still has some stock.

I have just picked up this kit and now that I read this I am pretty glad. I tried the wine that tim Vandrgrift selected for the example of this and it was good but not great. I am hoping this one will turn out as good as the meritage that came out this year. I have done 2 of thoses kits and am very happy with them already.

Back