Looking for a Seattle connection

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well that kinda sounds bad but oh well,

With all the traveling I have been doing I am trying to meet up with some of the locals in the areas that I am visiting. I tried articsid but I think I was too far south of where he lives eventhough no where in Alaska is far south. I even tried to meet up with the Skeeter Pee inventor Lon however he was about 4 hours away from Duluth.

So here is my next attempt, I will be in the Seattle area working on one of the Coast Guard boats the first week in Aug possible even the last week in July. If it is a two week trip for me I would like to meet up with someone in the area that middle weekend to hang out do some wine tasting or just checking out the area (bars, nightlife, vineyards, wineries, and the like).
If it turns out to only be a one week trip then maybe do some of those things in the afternoon after work.

If anyone is interested shoot me a pm and we can talk about details there so no personal info gets out. If you want to post it here or a meeting place thats cool too.

There are a couple of members in the Seattle area. Hopefully someone will chime in. You HAVE to hit the Woodinville Wine Area Northeast of downtown Seattle. Since most of the grapes are grown way down south in the middle of nowhere Columbia Valley almost all of the wineries have tasting rooms in Woodinville. Chateau St. Michelle is the largest and prettiest. The have a wonderful tour with wine tasting, so don't miss it. Most of the others are tasting rooms.

Don't miss J. Bookwalter, Sparkman, Mark Ryan, Betz, Amavi, Efeste. I could go on and on. These are all world class Cabernets, Merlot, Syrah's.

Bring $$$$! :sm

Check with the LHBS's in Seattle to see if there are any wine making clubs in the area, which I would assume there are.

I will be limited on my traveling because there will be 3-4 of us and only one rental car. But we all get a chance to use it so it just depends on when everyone is using it.

I will keep that place in mind, I will also be making a list of places I want to hit while im out there. That will be on it.

Make sure to hit Pike Place Market downtown. Amazing seafood, flowers, fruit, veggies. Watch the guys toss huge salmons around like they were tossing a newspaper. Great place to eat as well as photo ops. If you get near Des Moines, WA and like seafood make sure to hit Wally's Chowder House. Best Halibut and Chips in the world! Nothing fancy but the food is to die for.

I'm about 20 minutes outside downtown Seattle, myself. Des Moines & that chowder house are 'right down the street'.

Pike St is fun if you've never seen it before, so is walking the Piers on the waterfront. The aquarium, seattle science center, few other things down there. The space needle and EMP are cool too if you have a few bucks to blow.

The Woodenville wineries, Chateau St Michelle's tour, are all on my list of things 'to do'.

Well looks like we have one person close to where I will be.
I will add those places to my hit list, like I said I dont know how many of them I will get to go to but I will be adding them.

Deezil what are the chances of getting to meet up while I'm out there? Don't want to sound like a crazed person just curious, its always cool to meet up with new people that have something in common.

Haha naw i hear ya, just lemme know when you know, when you're in town and i'll clear some time out

Ha" watch out for flying fish hell its the flying crabs you need to worry about. I live about 2 hours north by normal people driving. If your looking for the tourist thing, thats easy. As stated Woodinville has over 50 tasting room. Ha what do you mean Columbia Valley is middle of nowhere. Your in New Mexico, the whole state is the middle of nowwhere. The best Grapes are coming from the Yakima Valley. I like the Okanagan Whites

And we like it that way! :D No I-5 parking lots in these parts.

Don't forget the reason the grapes coming out of the Columbia Valley are so good is due to all that "special" fertilizer coming out of Hanford.... :sm

Your in New Mexico, the whole state is the middle of nowhere.

Just got the word on my trip, I will only be out there for 1 week from July 31 until Aug 5.
So I wont get to do to much as far as venturing out, I will also be staying in the Everett area.

I will have afternoons to do things but wont be going to far from the work area, mainly due to rental car travel. However I will have my drinking buddy with me which is welcomed news for any of my trips, LOL.

So if there is any new suggestions on places to go they will be welcomed.

I beleive it is more the volcanic soil, plenty of water, cool fall days and sun 300+ days a year. I get my grapes upstream from Hanford.

I will be getting into Seattle around noon on Sunday. Anyone looking to get in touch with me while I am out there shoot me a PM and I will give you my contact info. I will be able to check messages while I am out there as well since the Hotel has a business center, so I will be able to get on the internet.

I am up for just about anything reasonable and maybe some unreasonable things (lol)
just later in the afternoon and as long as I can make it back to work on time the following morning.

well ladies and gentlemen, as usual and as I have always remembered it seattle is overcast and raining.
What I didn't know was how far north lynnwood was from seattle.
Anywho if there is anyone in the area shoot me a pm I will be here until Wednesday and fly out Thursday.

Back