Lodi Gold Syrah Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdelli

Reaction score
Natural Fermentation Lodi Gold Syrah Juice

So back in the first week of January I picked up a bucket of Syrah from a local vendor. She has a wine maker on staff and tells me she does a natural fermentation only. Recommends that I only rack it into a carboy with an airlock. Since it is now into the first week of January and I am unsure the state this bucket is in I take her advise and do that. After a couple months I run it through MLF. Today it is June 4th... I now transferred it to a barrel for a few weeks. It taste good... Little sweet.... SG is only 1.00 and I doubt will ever be much lower. Moral of story is I guess I will try just about anything once... Don't think I will do natural fermentation again even though it turned out ok. Too much fun to create wine instead. Anyone else ever try this?

Last edited:
If the grapes were grown in an area that has made wine for a long time, there might have been enough good wine yeasts in the air to overcome the "wild" yeasts.

Latest posts

Back