Local grape sources - Massachusetts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJD

Reaction score
My wife and I are relocating to central Massachusetts from Portland, OR. I enjoyed the easy access to grapes in the northern Willamette Valley and made plenty of Cab, Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris. I’m wondering if anyone has information on local grape sources in the central Massachusetts area. I see there are a couple places close by that you can easily get grapes from around the US/world, but I’d also be interested in local vineyards as well. Does anyone know of locations, varietals, and approximate prices for grapes in the area?

M&M Grape in Hartford Connecticut is a great source for grapes both fresh and frozen. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. I have bought grapes from Argentina as well as local fresh grapes from them. Good luck and welcome to Central Mass!

Hi Linda, thanks very much for the recommendation. They’re a short drive for us. Do you mind me asking what kind of local grapes you purchased and approximate costs?

I did a Chardonnay and it was about $100. It was about three years ago. I didn’t finish it, ended up dumping it, as life got away from me so I don’t know how it would have tasted. But everything else I bought from them was great. They list their prices on the website and are great people to work with. Good luck! Where in Central mass are you? I am in Northboro.

Linda

I did go to M&M's website and speak with a customer service rep. Their selection looks quite wide and the approximate prices from last season were reasonable.

Bill, my google search showed quite a lot of vendors in the Boston area that could get you grapes/juice/etc. Might be a closer drive for you. Also - what part of Maine?

Central / Western foothills. Bethel area. Last year there was a place in Marlbough Ma
sorry forgot the name , but on route 20. Was able to buy frozen pails.

Bill

Double A Vineyards in Fredonia, NY. is who I purchase from. I know they are a little further (on Lake Erie), but they have a lot of great information and should be able to recommend the best vines for your area.

Hello,

Following the thread and live in Southcoast, MA. Always interested in local sources for grapes or juice, but haven't gotten to the point of making anything outside of a kits yet.

Latest posts

Back