List of additives to have on hand

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireguy94

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So as I've said in a few other post this is my first time making wine. I've pretty much got everything equipment wise. Got the press, primary fermentors, carboys, refractometer, hydrometer, digital PH meter, acid test kit and a bunch of other equipment. What I haven't got yet is all my yeast, MLF and additives for correcting PH and Acid. Does anyone have a list or know of one. I'm looking for basically a shopping list cause there are so many different kinds and brands. Stuff like Go Ferm and Fermaid K. Also stuff like So2, acids, calcuim carb. I don't want to get caught on the day when I have the grapes and be missing something I need to make an adjustment.

Matt

Except during fermentation, most things can wait to be bought as you have need for them. I would never start a fermentation without yeast (of course), pectinase, tannins (oak dust or brand name products), enzymes (name brand products), sulfite, calcium carbonate, Fermaid-K, Go-Ferm, tartaric acid, fermentation testing supplies, hydrometer or refractometer and the bunch of equipment you refer to. I think that covers it.

Anything else can wait and is specific to the wine being made.

Back