LENGTH OF YOUR DAYS?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
It seems that this time of the year we all need less sleep...of course it is harder to sleep when the days are so long....
Seems the birds around here are waking up alot earlier everyday and are getting louder...a fine way to wake up tho....

Right now our sunrise is at 5:25 AM and sunset at 9:19 PM
Civil Twilight is 4:45 AM and 9:59 PM

How long are your days???

*I bet Grant [Imeeko] will have the longest days of this group being so far north.

Sunrise around 5:50am and sun sets around 8:30pm
Waldo rises around 1:45am and sets around 9:30pm

NW, I know what you mean about the birds. I love listening to them..as a matter of fact I noticed one bird here this year that I haven't heard since living at home in WV,,,,,,a nighthawk...in the evenings. Sunrise here seems to be about 6:30, maybe a little earlier...not official but just juding from when I wake up and go out and feed the birds and check my epiphyllums.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Your insane Waldo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need more sleep these days since this
is our busiest season when houses are going up like crazy and each
house around here has about 4 stairs min. Some of these houses have 12
stairs in them and are very extravagent. I rise at 5:30 am and get
worked like a dog until 5:00 pm and set around 11:00 pm. Not to say
your old but have seen first hand with my parents and parent in laws
that as you get older you need less sleep.

smiley3.gif
Old?Less Sleep? WOW, I must be 100.
smiley36.gif
Rotating from days to night , to days, weekends on , off , holidays worked....hmm, I might get as much sleep as Waldo...Somedays.

JWMINNESOTA said:
smiley3.gif
Old?Less Sleep? WOW, I must be 100.
smiley36.gif
Rotating from days to night , to days, weekends on , off , holidays worked....hmm, I might get as much sleep as Waldo...Somedays.

You sound like me. I work rotating shifts. Month of days month of nights, so on and so on. I sleep less when I am on nights. I average 4 hours a day. When I work days I am asleep by 9 pm and up at 5 am and always feel tired. I never feel tired when I work nights.

Well....here it is..the longest day of the year....Kind of bitter/sweet...love it, but, means the days start getting shorter tomorrow...

Today the sun rose at 5:24 AM and sets at 9:25 actual times. Civil Daylight morning 4:43 AMand evening 10:06 PM......

This is the only time of the year that I wish I was further north and could enjoy the midnight sun.

I think drinking a glass or two of good wine before retiring helps. I really feel sorry for people who don't drink cause when they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day
smiley36.gif

NW, our local weatherman said we had 15 hours and 23 minutes of daylight today! I love it!

Latest posts

Back