WineXpert LE 15 Barbara

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it from Winesense here in Winnipeg. They're fantastic for getting orders in very quickly. They also have great prices. $123 CAD for this kit. I'm excited to start this kit today! 18 L of juice with the standard bentonite, chitosan, sorbate, sulphite and 60g of medium blend oak chips

I think both red and white WE LE (red without skins) have 18L of juice.
The reds that have a grape skins pack are 16L of juice.

Wow, as I sit waiting for shipping info on this kit I'm jealous that people have it already. I have been running most of my reds thru a new Hungarian oak barrel the wife got me but not sure for some reason if I want to do that with this one. I know not all reds really get improved or need oaking. What are thoughts on this one?

Hmm, I'm a newbie, but I'm guessing the wine nerds at Winexpert had a reason for including less oak than most kits with this one. Only came with 60g of oak chips.

I pitched 3 weeks ago now. Smells nice so far. 18L of juice - Should turn out great. I'm excited for this one

Purchased the Barbara kit, and wondering if anyone has completed this kit with any successful modifications? Appreciate any response. Thanks Tim

Purchased the Barbara kit, and wondering if anyone has completed this kit with any successful modifications? Appreciate any response. Thanks Tim

Canadians got the kit a few weeks before us. With that said this wine will need some time to age so it's too early to really get some good reviews on the final results of the product.

With that said I wouldn't really tweak these kits. You buy them for what they are, limited editions. You pay for what they have to offer.

Barbara - any mods?

Jc5066 - The structure of this kit is little different- maybe I should leave it alone. I guess that is why asked for any experience with this one, before I screw it up.
Thanks,

How many kits?

Watto Brew - This wine making is addicting - but a very good hobby. This latest Barbara kit is # 16, maybe one more this winter. That will be it till fall. This way I have enough wine to start the long aging process and enjoy some good wine as well.

I'm at the "racking & clarification step" now.......After that, I'm going to top up and leave it in the carboy for a while.

Latest posts

Back