Last spray

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For good measure, I sprayed my last one for the growing season. I have good color showing almost every where. No sign of any problems but just to be safe, decided to hit the vines one more time. Maybe not needed but it didn't take more but than a half hour.

One thing I also did was spray weeds, with sulfur, around the edges of the vineyard. Some were showing powdery mildew. That's been one of my problems in previous years.

I sprayed my last sulphur-spray of the season a few days ago. ( southwest Washington state ) Mildew is a very real problem here with the warm days,cool nights and dew in the mornings. I spray everything in my vineyard...grapevines/grapes , posts, and surrounding groundcover. Seems to work....now all I have to do is wait for everything to ripen up!

Riesling...Sangiovese and Nebbiolo

I'm well over a month to harvest from that spray. Likely, near 2 months. Harvest probably late October and even possible into November if the frost doesn't hit early.

Back