WineXpert Lambrusco

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<t></t>One is a pale of premium juice and the other is a kit including juice and concentrate I assume!

<table ="maintable" border="2" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<t><tr><td>

Item Number</td>
<td>MMS48</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Description</td>
<td>

Lambrusco

This wine is ruby in color with aromas of strawberries and cherries.

This
is Mosti Mondiale's leading product; the best that Mother Nature has to
offer! It is the Height of excellence in juice for the Home Winemaker!

Mosti Mondiale™ wines are made from only
the finest 100% varietal grape juice and grape concentrates from among
the world’s premier vineyards. Many kits include specially chosen
toasted oak chips for barrel-aged character and increased depth.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Current Price</td>
<td>$112.99</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Status</td>
<td>Available December 28, 2006</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Order</td>
<td>Order</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Picture</td>
<td>
%5Cimages%5Cmmaj_lg.jpg
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Flavor</td>
<td>Lambrusco</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Brand</td>
<td>Mosti Mondiale - Original All Juice</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Winexpert Description</td>
<td>This
wine is ruby in color with aromas of strawberries and cherries. It has
a clean, smooth attack with good length and structure and is a pleasant
easy drinking red wine. Its red berry flavors are very enjoyable and it
finishes strongly with attractive freshness.
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Sweetness</td>
<td>1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>F-Pack</td>
<td>N</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Oak Type </td>
<td>None </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Oak Intensity </td>
<td>0</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Minimum Recomended Aging </td>
<td>3 Months</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Wine Peaks At </td>
<td>1 - 2 years</td></tr>
</t></table>

<t></t><table ="maintable" border="2" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<t><tr><td>Item Number</td>
<td>DT48</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Description</td>
<td>

Lambrusco

Principal
varietal of the Emilia-Romagna region although widely cultivated
throughout Italy. A wine of fruity taste and vivid colour, it pairs
well with stewed beef dishes, cold-cut sandwiches and soft cheeses.
Usually consumed young and often slightly chilled.

Domaine Tradition kits are made from the
best concentrated musts selected from around the world, and are a
reflection of Mosti expertise and experience...

Mosti Mondiale™ wines are made from only
the finest 100% varietal grape juice and grape concentrates from among
the world’s premier vineyards. Many kits include specially chosen
toasted oak chips for barrel-aged character and increased depth.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Current Price</td>
<td>$59.99</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Status</td>
<td>Stocked</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Order</td>
<td>Order</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Picture</td>
<td>
%5Cimages%5Cmmdt_lg.jpg
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Flavor</td>
<td>Lambrusco</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Brand</td>
<td>Mosti Mondiale - Domaine Tradition</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Winexpert Description</td>
<td>Principal
varietal of the Emilia-Romagna region although widely cultivated
throughout Italy. A wine of fruity taste and vivid colour, it pairs
well with stewed beef dishes, cold-cut sandwiches and soft cheeses.
Usually consumed young and often slightly chilled.
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Sweetness</td>
<td>1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>F-Pack</td>
<td>Y</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Oak Type </td>
<td>None </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Oak Intensity </td>
<td>0</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Minimum Recomended Aging </td>
<td>1 Month</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Wine Peaks At </td>
<td>6 months</td></tr>
</t></table>

Edited by: wade

The Alljuice contains no concentrates. It's what it says...all juice. The kit is a mix of juice and concentrates. Most likely it will contain fewer solids and so a) be pretty good but not as good as the Alljuice and b) peak and drink earlier.

If you want a wine ready to go quickly then choose the kit. If you want a wine to lay down a year or two choose the Alljuice. Even better, buy both make them at the same time and compare as they grow and age.

Thread resurrection: We buy Riunite Lambrusco Emelia and Notte Rossa Emilia for Sangria with Mexican meals. Far better than any bottled or box Sangria. I've asked the OP's same question here then ran onto this thread today having never found a true Lambrusco kit to make a soft red wine for Sangria. Today I saw the one gallon Lambrusco concentrate packaged by Vinters Best and widely sold for ~ $40 USD and up. It's said to make a 1 year storage wine. We would never use 5 gallons in a year! I know of making wine more stable at bottling, but do wonder if this concentrate could be made as a more stable wine?
The ones we buy retail are 7.5% and cheap enough to challenge making a high end kit. The Domain Lambrusco kit mentioned above (in 2005) is now about $172 and might be great but I doubt I'll ever pay that for a kit, plus I don't need the bucket fermenter your paying for with that kit.
Lambrusco at retail is about $5 per lt in big jugs.
The Gamay kit I'll make next I'm thinking toward bolstering the flavor at bottling with a concentrate and might add a flavoring item at fermentation too. I wonder if Globals red grape concentrate could get me close to a Lambrusco sweeter wine for Sangria like the retail versions. I have considered using the concentrate in some bottles, not all so I'll know what is good both ways.

@Kantuckid, if you want shelf stable you'll need to up the ABV with sugar or concentrate, which changes it from a typical Lambrusco to something else. Adding sugar will increase ABV without changing body, adding concentrate will do both, and both increase aging time (concentrate more). If you target 10% ABV with sugar you'll change the wine's profile as little as it possible.

In this situation you may be better served with sticking with commercial wine -- although I admit that in your situation I'd probably make the wine with added sugar and eat more Mexican food ... :)

I have the Gamay kit already and was "thinking out loud" toward completing the kit. The kit made as instructed I'd of had time before we do our snowbird gig in FL state parks, but given the discussion I was afraid to start it so it goes into fermenter early/mid March now with a two pronged attack, more abv and added flavor/sweetness.
FWIW, we are serious (non-Hispanic) Mexican foodies. We make tamales, enchiladas, poppers ahead, grow peppers, so on. I saw a video in NYT's article about a tamale recipe and the link to that article showed a tamale made via a tortilla press set up for a thicker masa, press, then wrap twice and fold in the ends. We've always done them using a wad of masa. I rounded up some plan ideas to make tamale and tortilla presses with my grand daughters as I'm a far more serious woodworker-have a large shop- than wine maker.
Have a good one this holiday!

Last edited:
I have the Gamay kit already and was "thinking out loud" toward the attack. The kit made as instructed I'd of had time before we do our snowbird gig in FL state parks, but given the discussion I was afraid to start it so it goes into fermenter early/mid March now with a two pronged attack, more abv and added flavor/sweetness.
FWIW, we are serious (non-Hispanic) Mexican foodies. We make tamales, enchiladas, poppers ahead, grow peppers, so on. I saw a video in NYT's article about a tamale recipe and the link to that article showed a tamale made via a tortilla press set up for a thicker masa, press, then wrap twice and fold in the ends. We've always done them using a wad of masa. I rounded up some plan ideas to make tamale and tortilla presses with my grand daughters as I'm a far more serious woodworker-have a large shop- than wine maker.
Have a good one this holiday!

You sound like you have similar culinary intersests to our own @GreginND ! Maybe you do should exchange notes. Here is his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/thepotthickens

Latest posts

Back