Labels and Suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CB

I wish I could take the credit of actually drawing those pictures...I used my Kodak program to do that. And the Gwtz label I designed from print shop. Eventually I want to use my own photographs for the labels instead of someone elses work. I really enjoy making the labels. I have some ideas but will have to just play around and see what I come up with....but thank you so much for the compliments.

Ramona

Nice labels everyone,do you need a software program to do the labels ? or do you all use MW ?,i've tried a few times but never seen to get the layout right at all

Hi Winemaster,

I use Print Shop. You can do everything with it not just labels. Look at Best Buy. Im sure there is probably a better updated one than I use.

Ramona

Thanks Ramona,

will have a browse around
smiley1.gif

Hope everyone doesnt mind my throwing a different twist to the label..i thought it turned out pretty cool

2005-08-08_174901_2005-07-27_184905_100_0469_Small.jpg

I use an inkjet printer but I do put 5-6 coats of acrylic spray letting each dry in between. When I put the label on the bottle I pick it up by the corners then use a paper towel between my hand and the label to smooth it on cause my hands get sweaty easily. No smudging problems.I use parchment paper and cut the labels.Edited by: Jackie

I have found that 1 light coat of Matte finish will work just as well. If you have access to a color laser, you don't need to spray the label with anything as the colors are fused into the paper.

the quality of paper is most important, on the left is an avery label I
saved money on on the right is the same size more expensive label by
avery, I spray one coat of matt finish as Geo sugested to keep the ink
from running.

2005-08-15_161842_avery_label_compare_003.jpg

Once we started using really good paper we found we could skip the spray all together. We just cut them out, and glue them on with either a glue stick or tape runner. The labels come off so much easier that way!

that first one on the left looks like my labels... good to know, just thought all label papers were the same

Latest posts

Back