Label Ideas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonsblood

Reaction score
Ok..had my coffee this morning and my mind is running wild...lol
I have tried the custom stick on labels and getting the labels off can be a core if you have a couple hunred bottles you are reusing.
This is an idea I came up with about 4 years ago and it works the best for me.
We started out making our own labels on the computer, imported some very nice art work, we then would punch a hole in one corner and tie loop of cord roughly 5" piece, now we have used leather, hemp, jute, some heavier colored string.
Making these labels got to be a time consuming so that hatched another idea.
We purchased some premium business cards 500 for 10 bucks (Vistaprint)
has our logo, all we do not is punch a hole in the card write the "wine variety and date" (we are going to put this info on a small labeler and place that on the card)then loop the cord and hang it on the bottle.
btw: the cords are reuseable.
when the wine is finished the label "tag" is removed the bottle is rinsed twice and left to drain.
Making it easy,making it fun..
Jay
will try to get some pics of them on here later.

That DOES sound like a good way to do it. It's very interesting how everyone has their favorite way of labeling.

We have hundreds and hundreds of pieces of clip-art and photos we use for labels. We use recycled paper---printed on one side--for our labels, and use a shear to cut them so it goes really fast. Here's our tip for others using plain paper. We found some decoupage glue called Mod Podge and it's very excellent for gluing your labels on. Even holds up in the fridge. Soaks off real easy. You can find it in craft stores and even Wal Mart. Our craft store,here, sells it cheaper than Wal Mart,however.

Luc Volders' blog has an article on using milk as a label adhesive. Have not tried it but thought it was interesting concept.

http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

Have have vague childhood memories of my mother doing something with modg podge. don't remember exactly what she was doing.

Nice thing about Mod Podge is that it doesn't wrinkle the paper. I often use it when framing art with matting---decoupage the artwork to the mat. Decoupage glue is the ideal glue for all things paper.

Milk glue is an old idea that a lot of people still use. It's like using wheat paste for wallpaper glue. But I don't like the idea of water and paper!!

I use pre gummed 8x 11 blank paper sold at FineVineWines and print 6 labels per sheet but you could easily fit more on there. Then you just cut it out and dampen the back and they come of very easily with a quick hit under warm water. No scraping neded!

I use pre gummed 8x 11 blank paper sold at FineVineWines and print 6 labels per sheet but you could easily fit more on there. Then you just cut it out and dampen the back and they come of very easily with a quick hit under warm water. No scraping neded!

Thats something I will have to check out..I hate having to scrap the labels..thats why I went with the hanging wine tags

Back