Kmeta solution

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlabruz

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it burns your nose is it still good? I've had some in a sealed bucket for a few months. Its still pungent. Im going to bottle some cab today and wanted to dip my corks in it. And put some in my bottle rinser

If it reeks, it's still good, and I also emphasize @FlamingoEmporium's warning about sniffing. Waft your hand over the jug mouth towards your nose, and even then, sniff gently. Use in a well ventilated area (if possible) and run a fan.

I keep mine in a Carlo Rossi 4 liter jug with a plastic cap (I toss the metal ones), and use 1 to 2 gallon food-grade buckets for dousing small items and tubes. The solution is re-usable to a point -- as long as the solution is clear (I'll accept a few particles) I keep it, until the jug is about half empty (some gets expended each time, and for some uses I do not try to reclaim it). Typically we're looking at 6 months. I've kept a jug as long as a year, but in hindsight that's probably too long.

Latest posts

Back