Other kit vs commercial

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StBlGT

Reaction score
I have read that the bigger 16l and 18l kits compare to some $15-$30 commercial wines (with proper aging), but my question is....what price ranged commercial wine would you say a 10l or 12l kit produces? Are we talking $7-$9 range? Like, say a barefoot?

Last edited:
Just speaking for myself I'd say the $10-$15 range. Could be my low end kits just taste that good because I made them?

I have read that the bigger 16l and 18l kits compare to some $15-$30 commercial wines (with proper aging), but my question is....what price ranged commercial wine would you say a 10l or 12l kit produces? Are we talking $7-$9 range? Like, say a barefoot?

I would also say that they would taste like a $10-15 bottle of wine after aging. That said, I have had low end kits taste better and had commercial wines taste worse - just depends!

Thanks! I was just wondering. I just started and have 2 rjs international kits clearing and was curious how they would stack up to commercial wines after around 6-12 months of age.

Last edited:
Thanks! I was just wondering. I just started and have 2 rjs international kits clearing and was curious how they would stack to commercial wines after around 6-12 months of age.

I had RJS VdV kits in mind when I posted my answer.

Latest posts

Back