Italian Pinot Grigio juice questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Duk

Reaction score
I just got my bucket of Italian Pinot Grigio juice from a local shop. It appears to be from Luva Bella. The bucket says to ferment it at 76 degrees.
That seems kinda high for a white.

I ferment in a chamber and can kep the temp spot on. So does 76 degrees sound right, or do they just aim for the high side so that no one gets a stuck ferment.

Aslo, is there anything that I can add to the juice along the way, say yeast nutrient, ect, to help it aong and finish completely dry.....

Thx

Wild Duk, I bought Pinot Grigio from L'Uva D'Oro, I was given Lalvin EC-1118 from the LHBS, I wish that I would have used Lalvin 71B-1122,
71B-1122 was designed to isolate yeasts that would produce a fruity yet fresh character in wine that would live long after fermentation.
Here is a link to the Yeast 71B-1122
I have my Juices ferment in a room that stays 70°, the Pinot got up to temp no problems and fermented to dry .998 in 6 days, white wines are usually fermented cooler than reds, the pails appear all to have the same info stamped on them, they just select the type of juice it is via a check box on the pail or a label on the pail.

I hope that this helps,
Tom

Latest posts

Back