It Is Done

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting John, I also described it similar in post #2 of this thread, a candy like aromatic that is complex at the same time, and is difficult to describe. My vintage was a 2013, made 20 gallons and there isn't much left, maybe three 750ml bottles and three magnums, it's been very good.

Just went back and read it, interesting taste, but it's a good taste, very floral, maybe roses, but I like it. Mine's still a babe in the woods. Don't know if you caught it or not, but although I stated this wine about a year ago, the frozen must is actually 2014 vintage. I'll just keep nudging it along until I feel it's ready to bottle, remind me and I'll send you some to compare to yours.

This 2014 Zinfandel, which i thawed and made in 2016, just made two years old. We aerated and decanted a bottle last night to try, and it was really solid, with the red fruit you expect from a zin, pretty smooth with just a hint of oak showing through. It's got just a little acid zip left to it, which is expected to continue to mellow, easily a wine to be consumed daily or quaffed with a nice meal. Feeling pretty stinkin good about my first effort from frozen must, and still have 23 bottles to go!!

Back