Mosti Mondiale IS the sweetness code correct for MM prod

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexmor

Reaction score
I was considering an all juice product, and was looking at the Amarone, which is listed as 0 on the sweetness code. I thought Amarone usually had more residual sugar than that, and was a little surprised. Then I noticed that the LaBodega Port is also listed as 0 sweetness, and this would REALLY be unusual.
I know there was previously a problem with the sweetness code, but thought this had been corrected.

Mosti Mondiale does not publish the information about the wine kits like Winexpert does. As a result, I have been trying to ferret out the information as I can. As you review the information on wine kits, keep in mind that the wine kit manufacturers are trying to produce a wine that matches the commercial varieties. The only exception I have found is in the Rieslings. The wine kits are generally more dry than the commercial bottles. If you have any questions about the information on the web site, please let me know. I have been known to make a mistake or 2.

Thanks, George. Any otherfeedback on the all juice products versus the other kits? Also, any idea how long before there are other All juice Master's Editions? I'm intrigued by this, as it seems like it might give a superior product, but I'd like one which will be completely dry. Edited by: rexmor

The feedback, so far, has been quite outstanding; however, none of the MM wines have been bottled, so it is still early in the game. I had a call today from a customer making the All Juice Cab Franc and although it is only 6 weeks old, he was very impressed. He stated he could detect the dryness behind his teeth, just like the commercial wines.

I currently have the Port, Renaissance Carmenere and All Juice Chardonnay in primary and the smell is more noticable than the WE kits. The Port smells just fabulous. I will be racking and tasting this weekend and will give you my thoughts. I have a thread started on these kits and will keep it updated as I progress.

George, are there any additional All Juice Master's Editions on the horizon?

I am running out of room in the store, so I am limited what I stock but I will be happy to special order any of the MM kits you want. Here is the link to the Masters Kits:

http://www.mostimondiale.com/english/products_alljuice_me.htm

From there you can see all of the MM products. I will be ordering at least once a month, so if you see something that stikes your fancy let me know and I will get you a price.

Back