Instructions grrrrrr

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mumptia

Reaction score
Now I know what the fella at the brew store mean when he said "some manufacturers wine making instructions are better than some"
I just put a Pinot Chardonnay down ( one that I found under the stairs that I forgot about).
After I've completed the one required racking, I have to put the remaining ingredients of course, but that is where I am confused. 2nd ingredients are sulphites and k-sobr ate. No problem. The third is isinglass and there's nothing else in the box. The instructions call for a kieselsol and chitosan so am I missing something or is it just not part of the kit?

I think you're OK with the Sulfite/Sorb and Isinglas combo. I've done 8 kits and reviewing the instructions it's been either Isinglas or the chito/keis combo but not all three. Bottom line is that they're just clarifying agents which the wine will do on it's own over time. The K meta is important, the Sorb is controversial if not back sweetening. How long has the wine been left untended? Do you mind elucidating us as to who the manufacturer is?

BC

Now I know what the fella at the brew store mean when he said "some manufacturers wine making instructions are better than some"
I just put a Pinot Chardonnay down ( one that I found under the stairs that I forgot about).
After I've completed the one required racking, I have to put the remaining ingredients of course, but that is where I am confused. 2nd ingredients are sulphites and k-sobr ate. No problem. The third is isinglass and there's nothing else in the box. The instructions call for a kieselsol and chitosan so am I missing something or is it just not part of the kit?

Isinglass is a clarifier as are kieselsol and chitosan. It would appear that the manufacturer of your kit substituted in the Isinglass. Use it where your instructions call for kieselsol/chitosan. Good Luck.;)

LOUMIK

Ok that substituting one for the other makes sense.

Oh, it's a Grand Cru, Pinot Chardonnay.

I think it's a kit from 2005. Like I said I found it under the stairs.

The sg was 1.086 when I tested it . I smelled and Tasted the juice before I mixed and it seemed fine on both accounts

We"ll see what happens in the next 14 days

Thanks for the help

Chiumanfu said:
That is an old kit. I'd be surprised if it was still good.

Fer sure.

I figured a buck for the water and a buck for the yeast was worth the risk lol.

Here's to hobbies.........

Latest posts

Back