Instead of glass

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chatterbox

Reaction score
I would like to make a simple batch of wine out of juice concentrate but I’m not sure that I have accessibility to a glass gallon jug…and I really do not want to order one and pay shipping, is there something else I can use to clear one of these gallon recipes in?

Go to your local liquor store and buy a 1 gallon bottle of Carlo Rossi wine (about $10) your favorite flavor. Drink wine. Clean and sanitize empty gallon jug. Rack from primary to secondary. Fit with #6 bung with airlock. Problem solved.
smiley1.gif

Make sure its a 4 liter bottle or you won't have enough room.

So can I use my 6 gallon primary ferm that I use for my kit wines? or should i get a bucket from like lowes or somewhere?

I have a bung now...it fits my 6 gallon carboy it that a #6?

I'm such a women with all these questions!!! :)

chatterbox, make sure you like the wine in the jug. hahahaI tossed the wine in my jug. It was NASTY!! hahaha

Red Star has worked on the ones I have made. Good Luck

Put the Carlo Rossi wine in a large pot, quarter a lime and an orange, add them to the pot. Add a couple cinamon sticks, about three cups of sugar (more or less according to your taste). Slowly bring to simmer, stir constantly uintil all sugar desolves, as soon as it starts to simmer turn heat down to keep the wine warm. This recipe is best on a cold winter evening near a fire, will make ANY red wine taste good. If you need a little more kick, or if it's really cold, add a shot of brandy to each glass as you serve.

chatterbox said:
So can I use my 6 gallon primary ferm that I use for my kit wines? or should i get a bucket from like lowes or somewhere?

I have a bung now...it fits my 6 gallon carboy it that a #6?

I'm such a women with all these questions!!! :)

Home Depot sells a 2 gallon bucket with lid for about $5. Its food grade (hpde #2) look for small triangle on it.

You can get the buckets usually free or for a minimal cost from your local donut shop too

Latest posts

Back