ingredients

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el wino

Reaction score
O.K now I think I have enough blueberry friut 20lbs.5 cans oregon friut 15oz.gallon of blueberry-currant juice,and 1-can of welches white grape concentrate.I am defrosting them now so I'll be ready to work with in them morning.I have more welches concentrate if you think i need more.hoping to make 5 or6-gallons.
I am going to mash the fruit ,then put in straining bag.pour boiling sugar water over them,bring up to 6-gallons and check S.G.Then add more sugar if needed.Then add all the orther ingredients such yeast energizer,yeast nutrient,,acid blend,6-campden tablets,let it sit 12 hours then add pectin enzyme let it sit another 12,,Then pitch the yeast...
tried to post pic but error mess.box comes,,,,,,,

My shiraz is doing just fine..its is bubbling nicely.....Once again error mess on page shows up........

el wino....try this. When you get ready to download the pictures from your computer, hold down the Ctrl" key

el wino said:
My shiraz is doing just fine..its is bubbling nicely.....Once again error mess on page shows up........

Exactly what does the error message says?

Re: Ingredients

Sounds like you have plenty of fruit, juices, etc.
Personally I would add the sugar before bringing the liquid up to 6 gallons...the sugar creates a lot of volume, maybe at 5 gallons add the sugar....then top it up....just the way I do it...

How does everyone else do it???? Water to 6 gallons...then the sugar????

I would add a couple more white grape frozen concentrates...but I tend to always add grape juice to my fruit wines....the juices add natural sugars, so you'll use a bit less sugar...but that's just my way...

The Blueberry is notorious for being hard to get fermenting...add Yeast Nutrient and Yeast Energizer when you add the yeast...

Good luck and keep us Posted...

Masta, I think I was not letting the pic enough time to download.Seems like its workinh fine now......(before i click o.k)_

I have already racked it to the carboy S.G 1.000.........
20070214_112534_lauren_baking_c.jpg

I hope it comes out at the least a medium body.According to W.E.It's a 3 on body....would of liked a fuller bodied wine....

I have racked it off the lees...awhile back say 2-weeks ago..now it sitting still and clearing....
20070322_224131_diffrent_events.jpg
20070322_224231_diffrent_events.jpg

Waldo its dry.but has a very good flavor.I will back sweeten it some.But I am happy simply because it is not as thin as I thought it would be,,,,,,,

With over 20 lbs of fruit you shouldn't have worried. The first sip of mine beofre it went into the bottle had me wondering about my batch. That all changed after a few weeks in the bottle. Did you add your can of white grape to the batch? I am trying to figure out if that would be a good addition to my next batch of blueberry. I added some to some strawberry wine and it added body, but harshness as well.

Latest posts

Back