I'm in deep trouble!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
It's only June and I already know I don't have enough carboys!!

No problem Joan. I just happen to know a guy that has a few that he would be willing to sell at a reasonable price. His name is George Cornelius and his phone number is 866-417-1114

Funny, I just went and purchased my 5th 6 gallon this morning and have only a 5er left.

Who knew wine making would involve serious scheduling and timing issues! Or more money!

And then there's the room problem!!! What have I gotten myself into?
smiley3.gif

What room problem Joan. Just have Wade come over and build you another one! I've got to empty some more soon to make my summer wines!

Speaking of room...are there wine makers who live in apartments? I'm thinking there aren't many.

joan, i started out in an apartment with a batch at a time. winemaking is how I finallyfaced my commitment fears.
smiley36.gif

ask yourself this... "do i really need that living room or dining room?"

I need my living room!!! it's were I keep the bottled stuff and everything else that won't fit in my wine closet!
smiley4.gif

Sounds to me like someone needs an addition put on and an open account with FVW!
smiley4.gif

Both sound like great but expensive ideas, Wade...especially the second one! George already gets my wine money...and then some!
smiley36.gif

When I bought my house the only condition I gave my wife was that it had an extra basement room for my wine and beer. She came through like a champ! Now all I have to do is get it remodelled!!!

Pete

We live in a trailer. Needless to say, our largest bedroom is now a wine room. We built that 96-bottle wine shelf, but still have several filled carboys of aging wines sitting around. There is never enough room. You get a bigger room, you make more wine.

I think most of you know I'm in an apartment and every where is the wine room. No corner is safe!! I just keep thinking about Scuba's experience with the busted carboy and remember that I had to sign a waiver that if anything happens to the carpet here I have to pay 800.00 to have it replaced....and that would be a big OUCH!!!

You just find a way to make it work!!!!
smiley4.gif
Ramona

It is funny that you mention this problem, as I have been trying to design an economical "wine closet". The concept is basically similar to an Armoir with a single shelf in the middle. The small size would hold5 6-gallon carboys and/or fermenting buckets. I would like the option of adding a small A/C - heat unit to keep the unit at a constant temperature. I was thinking about this more due to the constant comments on temperature control, but something like this would be most efficient for an apartment.

BTW, Joan, I am trying to put your money to good use in the store. It is greatly appreciated.

smiley36.gif
I'm glad I'm able to help out, George! I am a team player through and through!

Latest posts

Back