Icon base pack problems

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sampvt

Senior member from Leeds UK.
Reaction score
In the past I have made several Irish d=cream (Baileys) and no matter what I do, My finished product ends up with scum on the top and bits floating in it. Ive blended it, Ive even followed the latest advice from ICON by mixing the base pack with warm water but now the mix goes solid when its put in the fridge and if left out at normal room temp, it separates and needs shaking up.

I am told by ICON I must be doing something wrong, but I have made 5 bottles to date as I like the taste and I still cant get it right. Has anyone else had this problem.

Hi sampvt

I had to google to find anything about this product at all. It turns out there is a store near me that is supposed to carry this product, but I have never seen it or heard anyone speak of it. I don't know if it is new to USA or what, but as many diff types of alcohol as is discussed on this forum I believe I would have noticed this topic. I do hope someone speaks up.

Pam in cinti

Interesting concept "Liqueur Kit". For the cost of the kit, and high quality vodka, you could buy a bottle of Baileys.

Latest posts

Back