I QUIT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I have been a smoker for over 38 years and have tried literally hundreds of times to kick the habit. I have did the gum, patches, herbs and everyhing else I could find but all to no avail. At least that was the case until last Saturday at 9:30 am atthe Penny Rea Hypnosis clinic. I walked in to her clinic a smoker and walked out a non smoker having thus far no craving whatsoever for a cigarette nor does it affect me in any way to be around other people who are smoking. This was part of assurance to me that her method would leave me smoke free and further assured me i would gain no weight as a result of kicking the habit. When the session ended and I walked out to my truck and got in I was shocked. For the first time I was smelling the horrible putrid odor of my smoking in my truck.
smiley11.gif
That in itself was an eye opener for me. I drove all the way home, in the cold, with my window down.
smiley36.gif
I have chosen to share this with all of you for one reason only. Perhaps there is another forum member out there who has a desiretoquit smoking and has been down thesame path I was on. It is still a "One Day At A Time" endeavor but well worth the "plunge". I still think about them,occasionaly reach to my shirt pocket for them but that toois subsiding. I have figured that I was spending around $180.00 per month for cigarettes and folks that equates to a lot of free money for Wine Toys
smiley32.gif
I have an order started with George and at the end of my first month of succesfully quitting I am placing that order as my reward to myself.

Congratulations my friend and I too wish you the best of luck on one of the best things you could do for yourself!

Waldo. I did it a long time ago. It is difficult but you can do it.
Congratulations on taking that first step. You know we will be rooting for
you all the way.

Peter

That's a major life change Waldo, and quite an achievement if it sticks.
Congratulations. May it add years to your wine making life.

Bill

Good for you!!!!
smiley32.gif
With thepositive attitude you have, I think you can do anything you set your mind to. Keep us posted.

Margaret

I would love more than anything if Curtis and Lain (my daughter) would quit. Everytime I see them light up it breaks my heart. Not only is it nasty and filthy I worry so much about their health as I hear them hacking and coughing every morning. Since I work for a doctor, I see weekly, cat scan reports with suspicious lung nodules......and most always the patient is a smoker.

I can't put myself in your shoes because I have never smoked but If there is a way to get rid of this awful addiction then I wish more people would give it a try.

Waldo, I hope you have continued success with the hypnosis. Please let us know how it is going for you.

Enjoy your new wine toys!!!!!!RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

If Waldo can quit smoking I can give the Chamborcin several more months of peace and quite. Thanks for the feedback

Waldo,

On January 4th of this year my father, age 55, had surgery to remove a tumor on his tonsil-squamous cell carcinoma. The only indication ofany problemswas a "swelling" on the right side of his neck(Dad thought it was a cyst, but it was the lymph nodes in his neck-the cancer had matastisized).He let this go for nearly a year.The probable cause of this tumor was smoking for 40 years.The incision on his neck was literally from ear to ear-30 staples.He also had to have all his teeth extracted by an oral surgeon, because the radiation treatments would crumble his teeth.

His prognosis is good, but he will have to take radiation treatments for 6-7 weeks.Needless to say, he finally has a made-up mind to quit smoking!!!
smiley32.gif

I also smoked for several years, so I know what you are going through.

Congratulations on quitting-YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
smiley31.gif

I promise you, your family wants you around for many years to come-just from reading your posts, I see you bring joy to many people,including this forum!
smiley1.gif

We're behind ya,Waldo!!!!
smiley32.gif

Thanks all for your support. I made up my mind that if I did nothing else in my lifetime I wasquittingsmoking. One day at a time and so far.so good. I have printed out this thread and carry it in my shirt pocket and use it for reinforcemnt when needed.

I have a feeling, at the Winemaker's Toy Store "get together", We'll be celebrating Waldo's Success.

Waldo, I lift my glass to you.

" To a new life, new friends and new wine adventures!"

My picture before I quit smoking

2006-01-15_040817_walter.jpg

One week after quitting

2006-01-15_041322_Untitled-2.jpg

Just kidding. I also resolved that I was not going to replace one bad habit witrh another, like chewing on toothpicks, or eating candy, chewing gum all the time etc etc. And so far, so goodEdited by: Waldo

Good on ya Waldo,

I don't smoke, but admire anyone that wants to kick this habit. The wine toys should be a good incentive! Good luck to you.

Pat

Latest posts

Back