How much do you drink while bottling?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bottled today, had about 3/4 of a bottle left. Gone!!! Tasted really good!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

About 2 or 3 glasses between 2 of us. Depending on if I sweetened it for my wife.

Just bottled today, had about 3/4 of a bottle left. Gone!!! Tasted really good!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Same here! Just bottled some Amorone and had 3/4 of bottle left over. I had to drink it otherwise it would have spoiled. :b

A little off the top for quality controle and always the last glass. Not much if any between that. This goes for reg racking as well:) If doing this early in the morning the last glass may sit untill a little later, or not:) The last bottle racked gets saved out for first drinking. Even if it ends up full.

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

I do not drink wine while bottling.

However, I do dispose of the wine left in my enolmatic filler in a respectful and dignified manor....

( C A N N O N B A L L ... KERSLPASH) :dg

Seriously, We bottle in marathon sessions and usually have anywhere from 5 to 10 people helping. I always have at least two main varieties to bottle. When we have bottled the required amount of one variety, we take the reservoir from the enolmatics and divvy them up amongst the helpers.

Once bottling is over, and everything is cleaned and put away, Chairs are usually set in a circle in the winery and I break out some of the older stuff along with appetizers.

I do also plan a nice meal at the end of every bottling session for everyone. The goal is to not do too much sippin on an empty stomach!

Latest posts

Back