How many gallons can the Better Bottle jug hold?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use 5gal glass carboy all the times but yesterday needed to rack into something temporary until then I clean the glass carboy my Australian Grenache Rose came from.

So I transferred into what I thought is a 5gal plastic better bottle jug (looks as the same size as a 5gal glass carboy); also transferred most of the other left over from a 1/2 gal glass jug and a small .375ml bottle.

All those transferred and the plastic BB jug was way below the neck...:d

So what's the real difference or how many liters can each hold?
This BB does not have any printing stating how much liquid it can contain....time to Google....

If you look on the bottom of the betterbottle you will find a circle about a nickle size with a 3, 5 or 6 in the middle of it ...

If you look on the bottom of the betterbottle you will find a circle about a nickle size with a 3, 5 or 6 in the middle of it ...

Ah...didn't even come to mind checking the bottom....
Yes, it is a 6, explains everything now I guess... :)

You may be interested to know... My 6 gallon Better Bottles are very close to 6 gallons where as my Italian 23L carboys are more like 6.5 gallons.

Hey Bill

do you use the BB to bulk age?

Hey Varis, How have you been?

Yes, but the longest period has been 3 months for my 6-week kits and only 2 months for my 4-week kits. Any longer and I think I'd use one of my glass carboys.

Jim,

I really wish I had someone like you close by to make a team, in town.
My hobby sometimes comes to a halt with no motivation as nobody in the house helps; to get the kids to help for just a few minutes is like a nightmare.

Back