WineXpert Help with my Pino Gris

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan69man

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Was set to bottle my eclipse Pino yesterday. It was crystal clear and in my wine room at 57 degrees. Took the carboy out to my canteen at about 75 degrees an proceeded to sanitize my hoses and bottles, when I got back the wine was completely cloudy. I'm figuring it has something to do with the temperature change. Damn! Will it clear? What can I do? Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks in advance for any insight!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Was set to bottle my eclipse Pino yesterday. It was crystal clear and in my wine room at 57 degrees. Took the carboy out to my canteen at about 75 degrees an proceeded to sanitize my hoses and bottles, when I got back the wine was completely cloudy. I'm figuring it has something to do with the temperature change. Damn! Will it clear? What can I do? Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks in advance for any insight!

I bottled my WE Eclipse Pinot at 68 degrees with no issue. I'm not sure what the solution is for you.

I'm not sure why an apparent increase in temperature would cause the wine to become cloudy. The wine itself would take a while to go from the upper 50's to the mid 70's just sitting there. Is it possible that moving the wine disturbed some sediment at the bottom of the carboy?

Guess it was the movement that caused this it just seemed so sudden, I didn't have this reaction with my Chardonnay. Looking at it this afternoon it seems to be clearing again thank god....I'm bummed I can't bottle it now but it should be fine by the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Sounds like you just had a little sediment on the bottom of the carboy. Leave it alone for a week or two, then rack. Whenever possible, I try to rack without having moved the carboy. Having the all in one makes that pretty easy, but even before, I'd put the carboy up on the shelf a week before I was going to rack, just to be safe.

Latest posts

Back