Help. Shipping nightmare

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well supposedly the package is on it's way to the Springfield post office. We'll see. What a nightmare. I'm definitely going to complain to the FedEx president. Maybe it's just the time of year, but still. 22 days and no package is just ridiculous.

...22 days and no package is just ridiculous.

That's not ridiculous. That's bad business and completely unacceptable. You have every right to be ticked off.

Have you joined the 'smart post sucks' Facebook page yet? :h

I called the vendor who told me they don't have any control over the package once it goes to Fed Ex. Recommended I call Fed Ex. I called Fed Ex and got an automated system, and when I enter my tracking number, it tells me that the package is on it's way to the post office.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. Never had this problem when I order from Doug or George. This is the first time and last time I will order from this particular vendor.

I'm sorry about your mess. At some point the frustration of no one accepting responsibility and being able to help is far worse that the lost package. Personally, I think the vendor is responsible and should have made this right with you long before now.

You paid for a product and the vendor hasn't fulfilled their duty until you receive the product. They may not have any 'control' over it once it goes to FedEx, but they are still responsible. They chose the delivery partner they use to assist them and they're not off the hook until you get it.

I hope you get your package today, but I for one would like to know what company is doing this to you. They deserve to be outted. A good company would have replaced the order and shipped it through straight FedEx or UPS after a week or two and paid for return shipping if/when you finally get the original order. I would like to know who this is so that I can avoid them.

Also, on light note. Every time I peek at this thread to see if you got it I see your 'name' and what I read in my dyslexic mind is 'agitated'. How fitting, sorry.

Have a great holiday, aside from this thing.

Oh my "agitated" that's so funny and how I've felt the last 23 days.

The package did finally arrive today. :dbIt's been around the country and back. It actually started to seem funny cause we could see online that it was traveling again and didn't know where it was going.

I'm rather reluctant to bash vendors online. Perhaps my order was the exception rather than the rule. If you really want to know who the vendor was, send me a private message. They actually have a very good reputation.

I still think this is a FedEx issue though. I've heard that FedEx SmartPost is getting lots of complaints from big vendors like K-Mart and Amazon, so hopefully they'll get their act together.

Thanks to everyone for supporting my frustration. It felt good just to have a place to come and complain.

Having put in my 40+ with USPS, all in the bulk mail sector, I've seen my share of that identical package (and not just wine). I will attest that 99.5% of the time it is a result of inadequate packaging along with insufficient labeling.

Latest posts

Back