Mosti Mondiale Help please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefootwines

Premium Membership
Reaction score
:a1 Hi i am thinking of getting a Renaissance sauvignon blanc and would like to know if you tweak it and how also what it turns out like. I like mild oak and a full feel wine is this one like that ?. Its on sale at my hbs for 52 bucks so figured it would be good to try. Thanks

Shane

Last edited:
Without knowing the instructions for it what I would do is add about 10 grams of oak dust or chips per gallon during the primary fermentation. Besides that I would follow the directions and taste during aging. If you want additional oak, use an oak stick or spiral only. I normally add 15 grams/gal but you mentioned light oak.

The resident expert on kits is cpfan.

Hi thanks ya was thinking about oak and have some med oregon staves on hand. I found a thread from 2010 seems like its a pretty good wine lots of citrus and i do like that in a white. Got to RJS sale today and picked up some med french chips but will need to look at oak a bit more see what it does for taste in a white. Picked up a couple grand cru kits chamblaise and a petite syrah will be fun to try i think. might use the french in the syraz. Thanks

Shane

Back