Help before I die.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!, I am new to wine making and I have used a cleaner steriliser in the must when I should have used Campden powder. Does this mean I will have to throw out the must or will the wine be safe to drink when finished. Thank you for your anticipated help.

Hi!, I am new to wine making and I have used a cleaner steriliser in the must when I should have used Campden powder. Does this mean I will have to throw out the must or will the wine be safe to drink when finished. Thank you for your anticipated help.
Welcome!

Can you tell us exactly what chemical you've put in there? That wold help uis help you...

if it's sodium or potassium metabisulfate, i think ur ok, we'll have to know the amounts...
if it's c-brite cleanser or something like that, i doubt it, but others more experienced can let us know...

If it's C-Bright (the pink stuff) I think it would simply kill the wine...

Well, I guess Fred was not too concerned; haven't heard back from him...
Are you there, Fred?

VWP Steriliser

I,m still around BIGJEF. Ididn't know you cared. I'm sorry I didn't get back before. I decided to throw it all away. It was a shame really because it was 25 Kg of grapes from my son's garden. I'll take more care next time. Thank you all for your help. Fred's still not dead but it was a close call.

Back