Quantcast

Hello from Bremerton Washington

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Jasper24

Reaction score
I am having delusions grandeur. After 4 months brewing wine I am already envisioning wines of award winning caliber. So far there has not been one wine I started that I haven't screwed up in some way. Each defeat makes me want to produce a decent wine. Maybe some day, lol.

Any way I am retired for medical reasons and got a wild hair one day and hear I am 4 months later and totally hooked on making country wines. My two saving graces are I couldn't tell a good wine from a bad wine and two I don't drink but maybe once a year until now. I love tasting day.

Anyway I hope to speak with all of you and get to know this process of making wine better. Take care Hallie

Keith1940

Junior
Reaction score
Welcome to the club. What are country wines? I have only made wines/melomels with fruits, no grapes.

Did you get to see the solar eclipse last week?

Jasper24

Reaction score
Keith thanks for replying. By country wines I mean fruit, herbs and plants other than grapes. It's a term I picked up from books that I have read so far.

I have been reading all I can get my hands on since I know no one who brews anything. Hopefully I will soon be able to make heads or tails of what I am reading.

Yes I did I see the eclipe 92.2 percent of it. We got a little dark and cold but nothing like the total eclipse must have been like.

Take care Hallie

BlueStimulator

Reaction score
Welcome for the dry side of the state I too am a noobie and every body hear has been real helpful. Well if learning from mistakes makes us smarter then soon I should be as to chat with Stephen Hawkins ;-)

AkTom

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. I like my country wines. I'm not much of a commercial wine drinker. It is a whole lot of fun.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to winemakingtalk

Latest posts