growing vines, pruning and general care

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelesler

Reaction score
hi,

I'm new to the art of winemaking so learning as i go. couple years back i bought some vine from B&Q of the marrachel foch variety. first year they grew well and fruited as they did in the second year. i attempted to prune back and train the vines but with little success. after a couple of years away at university the vines have really been left to their own devices. they are still growing but have borne little or no fruit. i will take a picture tomorrow to show you, but what I'm after is some advice on the pruning and care of my vines.

thanks

michael

Pruning Grape Vines

hi,

I'm new to the art of winemaking so learning as i go. couple years back i bought some vine from B&Q of the marrachel foch variety. first year they grew well and fruited as they did in the second year. i attempted to prune back and train the vines but with little success. after a couple of years away at university the vines have really been left to their own devices. they are still growing but have borne little or no fruit. i will take a picture tomorrow to show you, but what I'm after is some advice on the pruning and care of my vines.

thanks

michael

Michael,

I did a net search. This site appears to cover the bases pretty well. Perhaps some of the others have additional recommendation.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1428.html

Best of luck,
Paul

Latest posts

Back