Greetings from Germany.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
Well i Made it. Just moved to Germany. Been here 3 wks now. Cant w8 to get set up for wine. At my home in the states(gowanda ny) i grew red currants, went in a grocery store here the other day and they had currants in the produce section. Tons of fruit to chose from in my area of germany cant w8

You are going to love it there. You are not far from both the Rhine and the Mosel, so you are really near some great grapes though I am sure they are harvested by now (except for the Eis Wein!). If you do any traveling while you are over there, go down to Aschaffenburg (looks to be about 90 clicks SSE of you), my old duty station. Really nice city and great people.

My wife and I spent two weeks in Germany (Rhineland), Austria (Burgenland), and Switzerland last fall. We had some great wines while we were there. In both Germany and Austria, they are fond of drinking partially fermented juice. In Austria it's called "strum," in Germany I think it's "yungewine?" Try it if you have the chance. You didn't mention where you are in Germany.

My mother in law just brought me a bottle of that last week. It was good, to sweet for my liking but good all the same. Guess the kind she got me is quite costly as well(wont tell me how costly, just that it was expensive)

Welcome! My sister and her family, and my mom live in Stuttgart Germany, working for Uncle Sam.

Latest posts

Back