Grapes???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best place is probably to place an order this Fall with George at FineVineWines for Cali grapes. Several of us ordered them last Fall from him and the fruit was fantastic and this was a pretty bad harvest year for Cali. I got 800lbs myself and would order again without hesitation. I don't think they have much "surplus" grapes floating around in TX just yet. You would have to be pretty good friends with someone to source something decent locally.

A lot of grapes are raised around Lubbock, TX, but IMO they are not going to be as good as what you can get from George. Really, it would be worth the trip to George's.

Now we just have to talk George into ordering California grapes again in the Fall! He was not happy about how they were transported last year.

Luckily time heals all wounds...........

Doubt he will be using that transport company ever again!

Have hope now. He will have probably forgoten about that by then.

Yep, I was at his shop in January. He was already starting to soften a little, even talking about how he might do things differently next time.

A YouTube sensation in the making...

Yep, I was at his shop in January. He was already starting to soften a little, even talking about how he might do things differently next time.

I just had a 1970s inspiration - think "Smokey and the Bandit": when the grapes are ready to be loaded onto the truck for transport in CA, George gets a driver (like Cledus) to drive the truck to Texas at breakneck speed, with Mike (IBGlowin) tailing it all the way and running interference with the fuzz! Mike, if I squint real hard, you might pass for Burt Reynolds, but could your wife be confused with a young Sally Field? :>

Old Burt Reynolds or creepy "one too many facelifts" Burt Reynolds!

Burt-Reynolds.jpg

Back