Grapes near New Orleans.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpcoote

Junior
Reaction score
I'm new here so I figure I'll open this with a Hello to all!

That said, I'm looking to make my first grape wine, but I live in New Orleans and would rather use something other than Muscadine... Can anyone recommend a place to get grapes near New Orleans. Near is a very relative term here. I don't mind driving to someplace like Texas if necessary, as long as the return drive can be done in under 8-10 hours.

Oh, and I'm looking to make a red wine. Not ready to try whites just yet :).

Welcome aboard!!

I am in MO - so no real help on the grape location for you. Hang in there - someone will chime in.

You might try and find local vineyards in the area and contact them. That is how i find my grapes...

Hi jpcoote,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Have you made any type of wine yet? If not I would suggest going with a kit and if you look at our vendor section we have vendors who sell kits.

The only vineyards in our area that grow non muscadine grapes are Ponchatrain and Landry's. Other than that I think you are going to need to look at Texas

I've taken a look at Pontchartrain. Have you ever been there? Regardless of whether or not it turns out to be useful for getting grapes, I'm planning on paying the vineyard a visit for fun. I'll have to look into Landry's too.

Also, I have not made grape wine before, but I've a few beers, some mead, and I started some blueberry and peach wine this week.

Back