grapes from north Georgia?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulc

Reaction score
Anyone using grapes from North GA? I am going that route this fall and wanted to talk with anyone else who might be doing similar work.

anyone? Thanks, paulc

Paulc, I grow my own grapes in No. Ga. 8 Merlot, 3 Catawba, & 1 noble. There are vineyards all around no. Ga. I've sampled their wines & they are quite good, but I don't have a source for grapes. Maybe there will be extra grapes this year. Try Ga. wine trail for vineyard info. Roy, FightingTown Creek Wines

Thanks Roy, I have found a source for grapes so actually I am really excited to go up in Sept and pick them up. $1 a lb with 100lb minimum order per variety.

I am interested in how to handle these grapes to get the most from them. I am thinking I will get some chambourcin, viognier (sp?), mourvedre, and maybe one other. Of course this is my first experience with fresh grapes! I did one bucket of frozen must from Cali and a couple of kits. So I am pretty much a total newb...

What can you tell me about time on skins? Any generalizations about acid levels or pH? I was going to start a different thread on what testing equip I need...

TIA, Paulc

Latest posts

Back