GoFerm

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuz

Reaction score
Are GoFerm and Fermaid K interchangeable? I didn't hydrate my yeast or use any nutrient and want to try some GoFerm in my secondary to insure fermentation gets completed. Do you think GoFerm will be effective in secondary fermentation.

SG . about 1.8

go-ferm is used when hydrating the yeast, Fermaid-K is a yeast nutrient. dosage for Fermaid-K is 1 gram per gallon can be added after one day of fermentation start or one half one day after fermentation start and the rest at 1/3 depletion of sugar.

Thanks salcoco - I am aware of the directions but was just wondering is GoFerm also a nutrient and is there a rule of thumb that says do not add nutrients after the SG hits a certain point.

GoFerm is meant to be added when the yeast are re-hydrating. It contains a host of various micronutrients that the yeast absorb *when they're rehydrating*. It will not do anything useful if you add it later in fermentation or secondary.

Think of it like this: GoFerm makes sure fermentation starts, Fermaid-K makes sure it keeps going.

Fermaid-K does contain DAP, so if you don't want to use that, seek out Fermaid-O.

Latest posts

Back