Global Wine Shortage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawrstin

Reaction score
Just saw a report on CNN stating there is a global wine shortage. Yes also known as the GWS conspiracy if you ask my wife. My question for you is there a shortage or is it possible that people like us are just making it ourselves rather than buying it in droves from retailers effecting the market? My last note, my local suppliers of spirits seem to be plenty stocked on the shelves.

You know if we run out of grapes we can always start using vegetables ! Lol. P.S. The way my other half drinks wine it's no wonder we may have shortage. Bakervinyard

no shortage here...200 bottles racked, about that in carboys, more in clearing, more in ready to bottle, and even more just staring.
and have about 300 bottles cleaned delabeled and ready.
bring it on.

DANG! I wish I could find a source of bottles like that. Although, I have to admit, even at $15 a case for new bottles it sure is nice to bring them home, give them a quick swish of sanitizer and get busy bottling.

Just checked the basement. Over 250 bottles, 2 barrels and 7 carboys full. I'm good until at least the end of the year. :)

Back